This position is responsible for scoping, estimating and invoicing the mitigation, reconstruction and contents phases of residential and commercial restoration projects.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Reviews on-site conditions of job and understands scope of work to bid.
- Reviews and evaluates requests for estimates.
- Prepares weekly bid calendar and ensures timely completion of estimates.
- Reviews estimates and revisions for completeness and accuracy.
- Creates job folders.
- Reviews construction documents and understands scope of work to bid.
- Executes take-offs of construction documents.
- Inputs take-offs into estimating software.
- Obtains pricing for materials.
- Obtains bids from subcontractors.
- Prepares cost analysis in computer by recapitulating material, labor, equipment, subcontractor and overhead costs incurred in the installation of items.
- Makes an estimate where predetermined standard(s) are not available.
- Informs immediate supervisor of any observed inaccuracies or omissions in quoted items or computer database.
- Develops and maintains resource information on products, vendors, subcontractors, government requirements, etc.
- Attends departmental meetings as required.
- Photocopies documents and plans.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High School diploma
- Four-year degree a plus
- Proficient in Xactimate
- A minimum 3 years estimating/project management experience
- Knowledge of the restoration and construction industries
- IICRC certification a plus
Managing Processes, People Management, Supervision, Data Entry Skills, Data Entry Management, Data Processing, Dependability, Reporting Skills, Analyzing Information, Dealing with Complexity, Deadline-Oriented, Exceptional Communication Skills, Highly Organized
Non-existent criminal background and clean drug/alcohol testing. Provide proof of valid driver’s license and clean/insurable driving record.