The superintendent position works under project managers to plan and coordinate activities concerned with the restoration of residential and commercial projects.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Drive cost-effective project management techniques and strategies in the field
- Maintain a daily job site log
- Help Project Manager coordinate all construction services and activities
- Maintain strict build-out construction schedule and make changes as necessary to ensure deadlines are met
- Educate landlords and tenants on aesthetic and practical choices for build-outs
- Work with estimators to plan, organize and direct activities concerned with reconstruction projects.
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of company policy and contract specifications. Confer with estimators to discuss such matters as work procedures, complaints and customer-facing issues.
- Initiate and maintain liaison with owners and other contacts to facilitate project activities.
- Monitor and control project through administrative direction to ensure project is completed on schedule and within budget.
- Investigate potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures.
- Represent company in project meetings and attend strategy meetings.
- Requisition supplies and materials to complete project.
- Formulate reports concerning such areas as work progress, costs and scheduling.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High School diploma
- Four-year degree a plus
- Experience with Xactimate a plus
- A minimum 2 years project management experience
- Knowledge of the restoration and construction industries
- IICRC certification a plus
Managing Processes, Coordinating Multiple Trades, Customer Service Experience, Data Entry Skills, Dependability, Reporting Skills, Math Skills, Analyzing Information, Budgeting Experience, Time Management, Deadline-Oriented, Exceptional Communication Skills, Highly Organized